July 26, 2011

My Husband Rocks!

The first thing we wanted to do when we moved into our house was replace the awful DIY painted concrete countertops. Most of the varnish/sealant as warn off, it had burn marks, scratches and no matter how much I scrubbed, I couldn’t get them clean. It felt dirty all the time and I hated cooking in there.

We had plans to get granite within weeks of moving in and then our plumbing needed to be fixed, which took all of our money we had allotted for the kitchen. So I thought it would be a long time before I got my dream kitchen.

So instead, about 2 months ago, we decided to sand down the concrete countertops, give them a new coat of black paint and seal them. It was a way for me to know they were clean and anything that touched the top was from me! Well, after putting on the varnish that needed to cure for 3 days, we had a freak rain storm and our ceiling sprung a leak and dripped over a large spot of the countertops. Since the sealant had not cured yet, it caused it to bubble up and peel away from the counter. It wasn’t pretty!

 

DSC_2830 

DSC_2835

DSC_2836

So, I go to Texas to visit the in-laws for 9 days.

When I came home, this is what I saw. My mouth dropped open and I was speechless.

My wonderful Husband did all this in a weeks time and surprised me. It is SOO pretty and is exactly what I would have picked out had I done it myself.

DSC_4040

Our dishwasher died the same week so I he got me a new one of those as well. LOVE it.

DSC_4041

 

Now all we need is a new fridge and it’s complete!

DSC_4042

DSC_4043

DSC_4045

The sink is HUGE. We joke that we could bath a 5 year old in it. It’s wide. It’s deep and it’s an undermount which I LOVE! and the faucet and soap dispenser, my fave!

DSC_4048

It’s the prettiest kitchen I have ever had!! My husband is the best.

 

 

BEFORE and AFTERS

10046540_P06

DSC_4039

  10046540_P02

DSC_4042

3 comments:

oliveverlyblog said...

so beautiful stevie - what an amazing surprise!

J said...

It looks great!!!!! Did you change the handles/pulls too? They are perfect!

The Chambers' said...

So pretty! Your hubs is awesome to do that while you were out of town :)