December 15, 2011

Cohen turns 2! Airplane Birthday Party

They party has come and gone and what took me 5 months to plan only took about an hour and a half to throw. I will let the photos tell the story.

IMG_1953IMG_1977

Don’t judge me. I know “claim” is spelled wrong. It was fixed. I was having major foggy brain this day. I could barely get out a story! What’s  even funnier is when I asked Matt to look at that sign he said “Ba-gauge?” I said , “no, baggage is spelled correctly”… spelling it’s our homes strong point.

These are the goody bags

DSC_1759

Present table aka “Checked-Baggage”

DSC_1760

Airplanes in the entry

DSC_1761

Time zone wall and directions to the restroom.

DSC_1765

DSC_1767

Map banners

DSC_1768

DSC_1769

“Come Fly Away” banner

DSC_1772

The signs that got staked into the yard (forgot to take photos =(

One reads Cohen Airlines the other reads Terminal C

DSC_1794

We converted half of the garage  into a room. We hung light blue plastic table cloths from the dollar store and I cut out and taped white clouds to them. I ran more airplanes on fishing wire from one side of the room to the other and then added crape paper and balloons.

DSC_1796

I am really sad I didn’t get a photo with all the food on the table. We had cute little mini sandwiches my mom made and nachos (which are always a hit)

The tables were lined with more maps. We had a lot of maps already from Matt’s military days and and then picked up a lot of city maps from the thrift store for $.25 each.

DSC_1797

Another view of the garage with the happy birthday cloud banner. This room was the big hang out. Who doesn’t love to be around food?

DSC_1801

DSC_1803

Glider airplane anyone???

DSC_1806

DSC_1807

Airplane propeller pops

DSC_1808

DSC_1813

And our little pilot, complete with his costume.

DSC_1818

DSC_1837

DSC_1854

DSC_1861

DSC_1865

DSC_1885

DSC_1895

DSC_1902

DSC_1930

DSC_1938

The party was great and Cohen got some really cool gifts and at almost a week later, we are still trying to get our house back in order!!  It was tiring but so cute.

I have come to realize that I need to no worry about the small things, like airplane cut cheese or airplane cut cookies. Chances are they will be left in the fridge and forgotten about and all those hours of hard work are wasted.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Soo cute! You are so creative and I'm sure the adult appreciate all the little details!

J said...

All of it looks amazing!! Good job girl!