November 18, 2011

I love yard sales!!

I LOVE yard sales. LOVE them. It’s probably one of my favorite things to do . I get all excited and my heart starts racing when I pull up to one and see kids clothes, kids toys or furniture.

I also love my iPhone. It has an app that was made just for me. It’s called the yard sale app and it links up with craigslist and plots all the yard sales on a map. Then it knows my location and tells me all of the sales around me.  Since we are at the end of yard sale season I didn’t expect to find anything good when I looked this past weekend. Sometimes you don’t need a bunch of yard sales, you just need that one GOOD one.

Well I found my one good one. A home daycare and preschool that was closing and selling off everything. They started at 9 am and I was there at 9:01.

By the time I left I had a huge pile of stuff and a lot of it was free. I walked away with only spending $20 and am kicking myself now for not buying more stuff (like puzzles and educational things)

It was like Christmas in our house when I got home. I even considered putting some of it away until Christmas since some of the items were on the Christmas list to get him (table and chairs and a trike). Hey, he is 2. He isn’t going to know or care if it’s used! I won’t be able to get away with it for much longer. I did end up letting him have it all. He skipped his nap 2 days in a row after getting the toys. He never skips his nap. Excitement maybe??

Now I think all he will get from us for Christmas is clothes, which he needs!

Here are the items I scored

Table and 2 chairs- FREE! The lady said there was come missing screws and it was wobbly. Matt added the new screws and I tightened it up and it’s perfect!!! These tables are easily $100. I know since it was on Cohen’s Christmas list. He loves the table. He plays with his toys and eats snacks. 

The 2 big soft cars. One police and one fire truck. We just pulled the other one he has, a school bus, down from the closet that morning. In the past he hasn’t cared to much for it but this morning he did. This was an exciting find. $2 each.

All the toys on the table were FREE. They are baby toys and will be put up for baby brother.

 

5

Tools. He is getting a tool set for his birthday from Grandma and these will add to it. $.75 for all

6

I don’t even know what to call this but we have blocks that also have these little dots and they stack on top of each other. Cohen enjoys it. $4

7

Another baby toy although Cohen enjoys playing with it. The Roll-a-Round balls fit it and we have a lot of those plus it came with a box of them. $2

The magna doodle $1

DSC_1207

The trike.  It’s the kind that folds down. $4

DSC_1208

This little race car track which has been his favorite $3

01

Enjoying his table

DSC_1211

A few weeks ago while shopping for his birthday décor at Goodwill I came across this pirate ship water table, new in box and everything still packages. I scanned the bar code with my phone and saw it retailed for $89.99. I paid $20. This will be a birthday/Christmas gift even though he won’t be able to use it for at least another 6-8 months

DSC_1206 (2)

1 comment:

J said...

Love all of it, I want those soft big cars for Jameson! Good job!!!