June 21, 2011

Everything I touch becomes a chalkboard

Chalkboard paint… the new drug.

It all started with this free mirror my Mom got at a yard sale. She had no use for it so gave it to me. I didn’t think I had a use for it either until a light bulb went off. This would make the perfect chalkboard in Cohen’s cowboy room!

So, will my chalkboard paint (Can be found at any hardware store usually next to the spray paints) I started painting. It took about 3 coats until it was perfect.

DSC_2496 DSC_2497 DSC_2498 DSC_2501

Now, the paint instructions say to wait 3 days for it to cure… We waited about 1 day and it works great!

DSC_2502 

Remember this table I blogged about like years ago?? I scored it at the dirty thrift store in Ohio, still one of my favorite thrift stores. Well,  it is in Cohen’s room and acts as a play table. This too got a make over with chalkboard paint. I don’t know what it is about this paint but it makes you want to go paint happy!! If it’s in my way chances are it is going to become a chalkboard!!!

_DSC7485DSC_2548 DSC_2689

I wanted to paint the doors, walls, and dressers… it’s like a drug! I mean, come on, how much fun is it to write on the walls and you won’t get in trouble and it just wipes clean??

1 comment:

J said...

I HATE HATE HATE chalk. I can't stand the way it feels, the way it sounds - makes me shiver. My kids can come play with chalk over at your house! The stuff looks cute though!