November 17, 2011

Is it too early to start nesting???

I have got some major nesting going on over here! I am ready to give me entire house an over haul.

First, I want board and batten in my entry way and up the stair way and into the upstairs landing. I think it NEEDS to happen. It will make the area so much better. I also want to paint the toe kick part of the stairs and the wood piece that attaches them all to the wall. I am thinking something like this would be perfect.

074[7]36361_0_8-6321-modern-staircaseBoardandBattenandWallConstruction096sawdustandpaperscraps

Here is what it looks like currently… Actually the stair photos are from when we moved in so those are old but they definitely need to be freshened up.  The board and batten and all the white paint just make everything seem so clean.
_DSC0004_DSC0005_DSC0008

I pretty much just want my entire house to be board and batten. Matt should be starting the board and batten in the baby room this weekend. I told him he might as well not even put his stuff away cause I want it through out the entire house! I think if he gets in his groove he can become a pro and knock a room out every weekend.  I want it in the bathrooms, our bedroom, the craft room and the living room! I think I have issues. And another thing… I want it all done now!! He asked me if I was going to help him and I said, “Yes” then he looks at my stomach and says, “HOW??!!” I am fully capable of painting and with board and batten I think it’s half the battle. It needs probably 5 coats of just white paint on even inch of wood. But the end result is amazing. The board and batten gives such a custom look to a room and it will up our value. Plus, if he wants to live here for a long time he is going to have to turn this into my dream home! So far he is doing a good job.  I am beginning to think I need to learn how to do board and batten that way I won’t have to wait around and nag on him the whole time.

Ok on to the next project. I want to paint my front door black. All I need to do is go get the paint but I am worried with the weather being cold that it’s not the right time. It won’t adhere correctly if it’s cold outside and the door is freezing (since it’s metal and all) But it’s something I want to do every time I look at it.

Here are some crafts I have done this past week.

I found this frame at a yard sale for $1. I spray painted it black and then duct taped burlap fabric (that I got at a thrift store for $.60) around the cardbaord. I then traced and painted a big L on it and hung it on the empty wall in our living room. Total cost for this project, $1.60.

DSC_1135

DSC_1143

DSC_1144

DSC_1146

DSC_1148

At the same yard sale I got this huge frame and print. The lady gave it to me free since she said the print needed some TLC. I didn’t care about the print, I wanted the frame. I planned on redoing it but I have never re-done one that had a fabric boarder. It was pretty simple after I dissembled it, spray painted and then nailed it back together.

DSC_1157

DSC_1208

DSC_1209

The fabric was still in good shape and matched the rest of my stuff, burlap! It looks so good now.

DSC_1226

DSC_1228

I had planned the put the frame above our bed but decided to do something else with it.

Another thing that has been bugging me was my photo wall. Every since we moved and I did it, it has been bugging me. So I redid it.

De-cluttered it really. I think it looks better but Matt prefers it the other way. Can you see the new frame?? It’s now the center point on the wall.

DSC_1230

DSC_1232

DSC_1235 

and lastly, my panty. It’s been on my todo list for months. I just never know how to get it quite organized the way I want. So I spend an evening covering old diaper boxes in some fabric I had. It was simple really, I basically just wrapped the boxes like I would wrap a regular box and instead of taping on the sides, I taped everything to the bottom oh and not just with normal tape, but DUCT tape. We have become great friends lately. The insides do not look that pretty but  who cares?? They sit high on a shelf and are filed with things that only get used every once in a while, like plastic cutlery, cookie cutters and candles.

DSC_1176

DSC_1180

DSC_1169

DSC_1182

DSC_1188

Now, I really need some my book shelves in the living room to hold the toys that are on the shelves. I really hate seeing kids toys out. I think they should all be hidden away in little compartments. If I can figured out how to fabric a box so it can withstand a beating and it not require a lot of time and effort, that would be great! I have more projects to post but this is about all I have in me for now.

1 comment:

Sarah Moulton said...

you get a lot of stuff done when you aren't nesting. you must drive your husband crazy when you are lol! Keep it up cause it's nice to feel comfy and clean in your home when you are snuggling with baby and don't have time:)